Top Stories budgeting
- The Home Improvement Disasters That Can Wreck Your Budget
- How To Program Your Mind To Stop Buying Crap You Don't Need
- How To Stop Fighting About Money With Your Significant Other
- How To Create A More Effective Debt Pay-Down Plan
- How To Better Manage Your Freelance Income
- How To Teach Young Kids Budgeting Habits Early On
One of the first things most adults have to do in their financial lives is set a budget. You were probably taught this from a parent, teacher, or even a friendly neighbourhood website. One lesson you might have missed: budgets fail. And that’s OK.
It’s important to be on the same page as your partner, but that doesn’t mean you have to agree on everything. When we first got together, my fiance and I had completely different money habits, and we fought about it all the time. Years later, we still have those different habits — but the fighting is gone. Here’s how we learned to coexist.