Top Stories budgeting
- The Home Improvement Disasters That Can Wreck Your Budget
- How To Program Your Mind To Stop Buying Crap You Don't Need
- How To Stop Fighting About Money With Your Significant Other
- How To Create A More Effective Debt Pay-Down Plan
- How To Better Manage Your Freelance Income
- How To Teach Young Kids Budgeting Habits Early On
When you’re in debt or just trying to break the paycheck-to-paycheck cycle, the thought of money can be stressful. Yes, it helps to come up with a financial plan. But if you start to feel down about your finances in the meantime, it might help to think about the ways in which your life is the same with or without money.
The discretionary items in our budget — the ones we have the most control over — are often the hardest ones to budget. One way to make your budget work better? Prioritise your expenses according to how much happiness they bring you.