Top Stories browsers
- Ask LH: Is Microsoft Edge Any Good?
- How To Use Private Browsing Mode On Every Platform
- The Challenges For Spartan's 'Kill Internet Explorer' Mission
- What Does The Future Hold For Internet Explorer?
- How To See If Your VPN Is Leaking Your IP Address (And How To Stop It)
- Three Ways To Visit Your Favourite Sites That Are Easier Than Bookmarks
Whether it’s a music clip on YouTube, a Flash ad on a news site or the latest viral sensation on Facebook, most videos you come across on today’s web want to get going without any input from you — and that can cause problems with bandwidth as well as audio output you weren’t expecting. Here’s how to tackle the issue in your browser of choice.
Mac: If you care about privacy, then you might prefer to use more than one browser. Perhaps you have use something like Firefox for all your social media, Chrome for anything that requires Flash, and Safari for general browsing. Browser Fairy is an app that allows you to set rules so links are always opened in your browser of choice.
Microsoft’s official web browser for Windows has long been derided for being glacially slow; especially when compared to leaner rivals like Google Chrome. All that could be set to change with the release of Windows 10, however. If Microsoft can be believed, its new Edge browser is a whopping 112% faster than Chrome.