Top Stories broadband
- The Argument For Fibre-To-The-Premises NBN Isn't Over Yet
- Top 10 Places Worth Moving To For NBN Access
- Planhacker: Australian Unlimited ADSL2+/NBN Broadband (July 2014)
- Optus' New Data Sharing Mobile Plans: Everything You Need To Know
- Telstra's New Wi-Fi Network: Everything You Need To Know
- What Happens To The NBN After The Budget?
Hi Lifehacker, I’ve recently moved to a town in Queensland that has no available ports for ADSL in the nearest exchange. I’m paying too much for a Wi-Fi hotspot and am scared of using it as I’m charged for every MB over my miniscule data allowance. What other options are there? How long might I have to wait?
In his independent audit of the public policy process behind the national broadband network, former Telstra director Bill Scales suggests there was never an internal debate about different technology options for the NBN.
Dear Lifehacker, I’m about to go through the dreaded process of moving once again. As renters we’ve applied and been approved for a nice apartment which we’ll move into next week. When going through the process of moving the utilities, I noticed that the area is NBN-enabled according to the NBN Co website. I contacted my ISP, who told me that the NBN is not yet available at that property.