Top Stories Australian Stories
- Ask LH: How Can I Get My Girlfriend To Stop Playing Pokemon GO?
- Reminder: You Only Have One Week To Download Windows 10 For Free
- Mozilla Will Start Blocking Superfluous Flash Content
- Ask LH: Can Telstra Force Me Onto An NBN Plan If I Don't Want To Go?
- So You've Found An Attacker On Your Network - Don't Panic
- Featured Workplace: Xero Melbourne
Google went some of the way to battling misbehaviour tabs that want to assault your eardrums, but if you’re after complete control, it’s time to install MuteTab.
You’re drifting off to sleep when, suddenly, there’s a bump and a thump and an unearthly shriek. But never fear, if your home is making these noises you probably don’t have ghosts, but a family of common brushtail possums. Researchers have documented 18 different brushtail possum sounds. These include “grunting, growling, hissing, screeching, clicking and teeth-chattering calls, many of which would not be out of place on a horror movie soundtrack”.
Stack Overflow might as well be the official documentation for all programming languages, given how often it’s used by developers to complement their abilities. The Q&A site however is dramatically increasing its scope with “Stack Overflow Documentation”, self-described as the “biggest expansion to Stack Overflow since it first launched”.
Aldi has been throwing some decent hardware deals lately. On Wednesday, it was a mini deep fryer for $19.95. This Saturday, you’ll be able to grab a 500GB Xbox One with a controller, headset and copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider for just $279. I don’t think we’ve ever seen this console go any cheaper.