Top Stories ask lifehacker
- Ask LH: Are High-End Headphones Really Worth The Money?
- Ask LH: Should I Switch From Contracting To Full-Time Work?
- Ask LH: Is A MacBook Pro A Good Buy For A Developer?
- Most Popular Ask Lifehacker Posts Of 2013
- Ask LH: Which Programming Language Should I Learn First?
- Ask LH: How Can I Stop Browsing Porn When I Work From Home? (NSFW)
Dear Lifehacker, What can you do if you have no work referees for a potential employer? I lost my current position after four months, due to major differences with the manager, so I can’t use him as a referee. Prior to that I worked for a small team for seven years — but three of them, including the manager, were killed in a car accident. That means there is no one that can vouch for my work to any employer. Any ideas?
Hey Lifehacker, What are my options for unlimited/unmetered streaming music in Australia? Given the paltry data limits most providers offer here on mobile plans compared to overseas, streaming music on the go doesn’t seem very feasible. Do any providers make this possible or easy, or will I need to fork out buckets of cash for overpriced data packs?
Dear Lifehacker, What are my consumer rights when buying a refurbished product from a business in Australia? How does it affect the warranty? I’m looking at some refurbished TVs from a reputable Australian dealer. The stated warranty is for 3 months, which doesn’t really seem “reasonable” for a TV, especially if you are still paying $1500-$2000 for it. What would the options be if the TV developed a fault which wasn’t listed in the description outside of that period?