Top Stories annoyances
- Here's Telstra's Explanation For That Three-Day Data Outage
- Burgers In NSW Will Soon Suck: Here's Why
- 11 Ways The 2016 Budget Could Affect Your Wallet
- Here's All of the Stuff You Can't Take Into Australia
- Australian Airport Strikes: The Dates You Need To Know
- Five Things I Learned From Being A Pickpocket Victim
Google went some of the way to battling misbehaviour tabs that want to assault your eardrums, but if you’re after complete control, it’s time to install MuteTab.
You’re drifting off to sleep when, suddenly, there’s a bump and a thump and an unearthly shriek. But never fear, if your home is making these noises you probably don’t have ghosts, but a family of common brushtail possums. Researchers have documented 18 different brushtail possum sounds. These include “grunting, growling, hissing, screeching, clicking and teeth-chattering calls, many of which would not be out of place on a horror movie soundtrack”.
If you have to shoot in bright, harsh, overhead light, your best bet is to either just move to the shade (in which case you have more to think about, more on that in a moment), or turn your subject 180 degrees. These tips may seem obvious, but the utility is in the nuance.
Dear Lifehacker, I work in an open plan office doing marketing. I love my job, but I get interrupted a lot and it’s usually just mindless chit-chat. I don’t take well to interruptions and have snapped a number of times. (Our CEO doesn’t believe in working from home so I’m basically stuck.) Are there any coping strategies you can suggest?