Top Stories annoyances
- Pro-Rider Tips For How To Avoid Saddle Sores
- The New Rules For Using Electronic Devices In-Flight In Australia
- The Tricks Used By Anti-Science Trolls
- Why The Latest EFA Claims About Piracy In Australia Are Nonsense
- How To Keep A Phone Scammer Occupied For As Much Time As Possible
- The Five Worst Things About Working In IT Support
When a scammer phones you pretending to have found “a problem with your PC”, it’s a social service to string them along for as long as possible. We recently rounded up techniques for wasting their time; here are some extra additions.
Fast food chain Red Rooster has been ordered to repay more than $640,000 to staff members after a self-audit revealed approximately half of its workforce had been underpaid in 2011 and 2012. The affected staff members will now receive up to $3030 in backpay. The “takeaway” of this story is that you should always contact the Fair Work Ombudsman if you think you’re being underpaid.