Top Stories amazon
- Cloud Wars Explained: Why Nobody Can Catch Up With Amazon
- Four Email Problems That Technology Can't Solve Yet
- Why It's So Hard To Get Apple, Google And The Rest To Pay Enough Tax In Australia
- Why Crossy Road's Developers Launched On Android Through Amazon
- The Best Extensions To Make Amazon More Awesome
- How Amazon's Data Centres Aren't As Green As They Could Be
If you’ve ever been in the market for a sex toy, you may have looked into buying it through Amazon. Amazon tends to have good prices on gadgets, even when you factor in shipping costs to Australia. Sex toys are a different story, though: in fact, most of the time, it’s best to avoid Amazon altogether. Here’s why.
Australian Treasurer Joe Hockey last week announced that the existing GST exemption for low-value imports would be removed, starting July 1, 2017 at the latest. Non-resident companies will be expected to collect and remit the GST to the ATO. But will such a system work in practice? Here are three sizable holes in the government’s plan.