Top Stories amaysim
- Planhacker: The Best No-Contract Deal On Each Mobile Network
- Planhacker: Best Prepaid Mobile Data Plans Under $50
- The Cheapest Way To Buy An iPhone 6 Or iPhone 6 Plus In Australia
- Planhacker: How Does Your Mobile Provider Count Data?
- Planhacker: The Best Long Expiry Prepaid Deals
- Amaysim Goes 4G: What The New Plans Offer And How They Compare
If you regularly need an internet connection on the road, a separate mobile broadband SIM in a hotspot or USB dongle is the way to go. But who offers the most data and the best deals? We’ve rounded up all the available plans from Australian carriers so you can compare and choose the right one for you.
In a year which has seen mobile providers Kogan Mobile, PennyTel and Red Bull Mobile disappear (and ALDI Mobile teetering on the brink), you could understand if Amaysim was a little nervous. But CEO Rolf Hansen tells Lifehacker that he’s not worried about the rationalisation in the MVNO industry — and why there are no imminent plans to add 4G to the Amaysim mix.
Want a prepaid mobile phone plan with unlimited calls and texts within Australian? Even with the collapse of Kogan Mobile this week, you have plenty of choices. Planhacker has rounded up every available unlimited prepaid plan.
We’re not big fans of 24-month phone contracts here at Lifehacker, and the evidence for how they’re bad value keeps piling up. An analysis of phone bills by Macquarie University suggests that people on a monthly plan will typically end up paying $20 or more extra each month.