Top Stories 3g
- All The Mobile Phone Frequencies Used In Australia (2015 Edition)
- How To Keep Track Of Your Smartphone Data Usage
- How Mobile Network Usage Will Change Your Work Environment
- Planhacker: Every Australian Prepaid Mobile Broadband Deal Compared
- Best Ways To Get Free Wi-Fi Everywhere
- Airport Broadband Showdown: Free Vs Paid
iOS: OpenSignal is a do-it-all toolkit for improving your mobile data and Wi-Fi connectivity. Previously only available for Android, iPhone users can now use this handy utility for maximizing their connection on the go.
Everyone you know has a smartphone and mobile data network usage is growing hugely, but what do those developments mean for IT pros when it comes to managing and deploying apps and equipment? Here are some key trends to watch out for (including average download speeds for Aussies and how many of us really use 4G) and what they’ll mean for your future projects.
A group of Dutch researchers has demonstrated a technique for measuring rainfall by examining disruption to mobile phone signals. As well as providing a potential method for providing more measurements in the future, the study also reminds us of one of the downsides of mobile networks: they can be a bit rubbish during a downpour.