Top Stories Money
- Takeaway Truth: The KFC One Box
- Shonky Awards 2014: CHOICE Shames Australia's Worst Products
- Warren Buffett's Best Money Advice
- How To Overcome The Guilt Of Financial Mistakes
- The Luxury Accessories You're Probably Paying Too Much For
- How Emotions Drive Bad Financial Decisions (And How To Take Control)
iPhone: Tracking budgets and finances isn’t really supposed to be fun, but Pennies is an app that makes the process a little more bearable by using intuitive gestures and a bright colour scheme.
Dear Lifehacker, I’ve seen a lot of Kickstarter campaigns lately that promise great rewards and have awesome ideas. Some of them are already fully funded, others need a little help. Is it safe to give them my money if they’re already funded? How can I tell if the end result is going to be as awesome as they promised?
The CHOICE “Shonky Awards” have named and shamed the dodgiest consumer products of 2014, with Thermomix “winning” the consumer vote by a landslide. The once-loved kitchen appliance received more nominations than any product in the award’s nine-year history. Hell hath no fury like a Thermo fan scorned.
The consensus among most landlords is that pets significantly decrease the value of a rental property. This is due to the increased likelihood of damaged furniture, lingering odors, weird stains and loose fur. However, new research suggests apartment owners who ban pets could be missing out on up to 10 per cent in capital growth and rental yields; more than enough to offset a few torn cushions.