Top Stories Design
- Make An Animated GIF Photo Frame With A Raspberry Pi
- Build Your Own Adobe Creative Suite With Free And Cheap Software
- Learn The Basics Of Colour Theory To Know What Looks Good
- How To Look Better In Photos Based On Your Body Type
- Three Basic Design Principles Everyone Can Use In Everyday Life
- How To Get The Most Out Of The New Google Camera For Android
Zen is both a practice and a philosophy. The word itself, translated as “meditative state”, suggests focus, calm and simplicity. That makes Zen-themed images perfect for your desktop background when you’re getting into the zone.
Hi Lifehacker, I recently purchased my other half a DSLR camera for Christmas. She doesn’t have a laptop or PC, and I’m not sure we could warrant buying a computer for the purpose of touching up photographs. She does have an iPad Air, and I’m contemplating purchasing a single-bay NAS for photo backups (which will sync to my own NAS for redundancy).
Mac: Pixelmator, our pick for the best image editor on Mac, was updated today with a bunch of new Yosemite features alongside a redesigned interface.
Despite years of research to get it right, rendering crisp, pixel-perfect fonts is a difficult business — Microsoft even has a dedicated API in the form of DirectWrite and as Chrome’s recent update to support it shows, even it’s not considered ideal by everyone. Like many graphics-related tasks however, the prevalence of powerful 3D accelerators in most devices has allowed text-rendering to take the next step in quality, using a technique called “signed distance field”. In fact, you can check it out right now in Chrome.