Top Stories Security
- Four Ways Hollywood Gets Hacking Hopelessly Wrong
- Check If Your Data Was Leaked In The Ashley Madison Hack
- Another Day, Another Hack: What Security News Should You Care About?
- Five Steps To Securing Your Business IT Systems
- What To Do When Your Small Business Is Hit By A Cryptovirus
- How To Spot Pocket-Sized Security Threats
In September, a malware called XcodeGhost was found to have infected a number of apps on Apple’s App Store in China, including popular ones that are used internationally such as WeChat. Apple reacted quickly to mitigate the issue but XcodeGhost has resurfaced and has even been found running on iOS 9 devices in enterprise environments.
There has been a lot of furore in Australia when it comes to data retention as the Government has forced in laws to force internet service providers (ISPs) to retain metadata on their subscribers for two years. Those opposed to the data retention laws have argued it is a huge privacy violation as it would track the online activities of citizens. We’re here to tell you that data retention doesn’t work that way.