Top Stories Career
- How To Set KPIs For Your Life
- How To Make The Most Of A Mentor And Get Ahead In Your Career
- 3 Rules To Follow When You Live With Someone Who Works From Home
- The Biggest Failures Of Successful People (And How They Got Back Up)
- What Everyone Can Learn From How Tech Firms Find And Keep Staff
- How To Avoid Being A Human Bottleneck At Work
Hi Lifehacker, What would you do if you are in a particular role in your company (mine is web designer) but you haven’t been assigned enough tasks to improve your skills and experiences? There haven’t been enough design tasks in my role and I’ve ended up doing all sorts of other tasks. I’d like to seek another job but I lack confidence since I haven’t been able to build on my skills here. Any suggestions?
When you mess up, drop the ball, screw the pooch or have an epic fail, it can feel like the world is ending and your career is kaput. First, take a deep breath and rest easy. You’re not the first person to encounter failure. In fact, some of the most successful, influential and inspiring people in the world have encountered some pretty major failure.