Top Stories Career
- How The Tech Industry Can Attract More Female Employees
- The Five Worst Things About Working In IT Support
- When To Say No To New Responsibilities At Work
- Focus On The Skills You Have Instead Of Following Your Passion
- How To Ace A Job Interview Over Email Or Skype
- Why We Brag About Being Busy (And How To Regain Focus)
If you’re looking for a salary bump, avoid discussing your personal finances with your boss when you make your case. It can be tempting to bring up ever-increasing housing prices child care costs, or even inflation — but ultimately, your case should be based on your work and achievements, not personal needs.