You might have saved a few hundred bucks during last month’s challenge — that’s great! However, if you succeed at this month’s challenge, you’ll save all year long. February’s challenge: bill haggle day.
Money and calculator image from Shutterstock
This might be a tough one, because so many of you are already great at saving on your bills. For those who aren’t, or for those who think they can save even more, let’s try calling one or more bill providers to ask for a better rate. Here are some ideas and tips to get you started.
- Pay TV and internet: Call your provider and simply ask for a better deal.
- Credit cards: Negotiate a lower interest rate.
- Rent: Not always possible, but definitely worth a shot.
- Car insurance: Ask for a better rate or a discount (especially if you work from home).
- Gym membership: Not an easy one, but threatening to take your business to another gym (and indeed having a look to see if another, cheaper gym would suit your needs) can help.
Are you in? If so, let us know, and tell us which bills you plan to attack.