You wanted DIY house-cleaner recipes, sex toy advice and summer barbecue tips. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- Find The Perfect Word For Your Feelings With This Vocabulary Wheel
Sometimes, it’s hard to explain exactly how you feel. This handy vocabulary wheel helps you narrow down exactly what word best expresses your current emotional state.
- Four Outdated Ideas We Still Believe About Smartphones Because Of Advertisers
Sometimes, advertisers are misleading. It’s sort of their job. What starts as a little misdirection to get you to buy something can eventually snowball into a myth so pervasive we all just assume it’s true. Here are some things you believe about smartphones for no other reason than because a marketing exec thought it was a good idea.
- The Beginner's Guide To Putting Toys Up Your Butt So you’ve done a little exploring with your fingers, and now you’re ready to take your anal play to the next level. There are a lot of fantastic anal sex toys out there just waiting to take a trip up your butt. Here’s everything you need to know about putting a foreign object in your anus.
- Install A Whole-House Fan As A Cheaper Alternative To Air Conditioning
If your air conditioning is costing too much this summer, look into a whole-house fan. They cool your home by removing the hot air and exhausting it through windows or soffits in the attic.
- 10 Tricks For A Perfect Summer Barbecue In Three Minutes
Summer is in full swing, which means it’s time to head outside for some fun in the sun. And you know what that means: hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, and more.
- Learn How One Guy Took His Annoying Neighbour's Kid Drone Offline
If you got a new drone for Christmas, congratulations! There’s plenty out there on the market and they can be a lot at fun. They’re becoming popular enough that regulations are starting to catch up, too, with CASA issuing guidelines coming into force next year that cover commercial and hobbyist use of drones.
- 7 Cleaning Products You Should Totally DIY
When you make your own detergents and other cleaning solutions, you not only get to control the ingredients you’re using, you could also save a pretty penny. Often the ingredients are lying around your home already anyway. Here are seven cleaning products and tools you could totally make yourself.
- Four Signs Your Career Has Stalled (And It's Time To Move On)
You’ve been doing the same tasks for as long as you can remember. New skills? New responsibilities? Can’t really name any off the top of your head. In fact, you’re starting to feel like things are a little stalled. It’s time to pay attention to how your job is affecting your career as a whole.
- How To Make Sure Your Freezer Works While You Are Away This clever trick will guarantee that you don’t use spoiled food in case your freezer loses power when you are away on a holiday. It only requires a bottle of Gatorade (or any other fluid) and a glass.
- How To Jump Start Your Car Without Another Car It’s one of the worst feelings in the world. You get into your car. You put the key in the ignition, turn. And nothing. Dead.