Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Why "calorie counting" doesn't work, get AVG Internet Security 2016 free, "world's happiest man" explains secret to happiness.
- Gina Rinehart is no longer Australia's richest person thanks to the global fall in iron ore prices. Business Insider has the story.
- Mad Max: Fury Road might seem out of place among this year’s Academy Awards nominees. However, it’s more than deserving of earnest consideration. Kotaku explains why it deserves Best Director, Best Cinematography and Best Editing.
- Calories consumed minus calories burned: it’s the simple formula for weight loss or gain. But dieters often find that it doesn’t work. The calorie is broken — and this is why.
- Sharewareonsale is giving away a free six-month licence to AVG Internet Security 2016 (Full Version). Click here to get the deal.
- A 69-year-old monk who scientists call the 'world's happiest man' says the secret to being happy takes just 15 minutes per day. Business Insider has the answer.