We’ve highlighted Dobbie03‘s linux desktops before, and they’ve all been great, but this week he’s changed things up a bit. There’s more useful data on-screen, ringed around the edges so it’s visible but doesn’t get in the way. The wallpaper and some themes are all you need to bring this desktop to your Linux system.
The last time we highlighted one of Dobbie03′s desktops, it was the Shoreline Desktop, where he was just getting settled with the Cinnamon Shell for Ubuntu. He’s stuck with it since then, and this desktop is the result of some tweaking from then to now. Here’s what you’ll need to make this your own:
- The wallpaper
- The Cinnamon Shell for your flavour of Linux
- The Loki theme for Cinnamon
- The Zukiwi GTK theme to customise the windows and overall UI
- Conky, a lightweight system monitor for Linux systems, for the sidebar on the right
- Custom versions of the Google Now Conky style, and likely some changes to his last custom Conky config
- The previously mentioned Avant Window Navigator application dock at the bottom of the screen
- The Circons White icons for AWN
- The Synapse application launcher to quickly launch applications when not using the dock
The finished product looks really good, and includes a number of tweaks behind the scenes to further personalise the system, from the windows to how programs are launched and opened. If you have questions about how to make this really your own, or how Dobbie03 did it all, head over to his Kinja blog and leave him a comment. Let him know how great his work is, while you’re at it!