Oh no! Visitors are coming over on short notice and you've got no time to clean the veritable mess you call home. Don't worry, you can still give your pad the illusion of cleanliness using some clever disguising tricks.
Photo by Rubbermaid Products
Real Simple offers several tips for the most common disaster areas. Here are a few select clutter and dirt-hiding suggestions:
- In the living room, for example, flip the couch cushions to show a cleaner side and stack books and magazines in neat piles or in a decorative basket. (Baskets are awesome for making clutter seem organised.)
- In the kitchen, hide dirty dishes and utensils in a stockpot (if you have no room in your dishwasher).
- Put bathroom clutter in a container under the sink or, if you're desperate, in the tub with the shower curtain closed.
- In the office, hide stray notes and post-its under the keyboard.
- Stash kids toys in a play tent.
Hit up the full article for more tips on faking a clean house or share your strategies with us in the comments.
How to Fake a Clean House [Real Simple]