Kogan’s announcement of a sub-$200 Ice Cream Sandwich Android tablet adds to what’s already a very competitive market. Just how cheaply can you score a basic Android tablet? Here are five of the cheapest current “bargains”.
Picture by Ancella Simoes
Cheap, of course, does not always equate to good, but specifications are improving: many of these options do include Ice Cream Sandwich. If you’re just after a basic browsing device, these are some of the cheapest options we spotted on a quick hunt around over a few price points and specifications (all are online so delivery will be an extra charge in most cases):
- Tablet PC 4GB 7-inch ICS tablet, $113
- Millennius Gold 4GB 7-inch ICS tablet, $179
- Kogan 8GB 10-inch ICS tablet, $179
- Zenithink 8GB 10.2-inch ICS tablet, $199
- Dell Streak 7 16GB 7-inch Honeycomb tablet, $279 (via Optus)
Given the extra screen size and memory, the Kogan offer does stand up pretty well, though we’re keen to actually get our hands on one. Any other nominations or thoughts on these models? Tell us in the comments.